Monday, August 30, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge Using Squares #2

Hi everyone! I have a cute card for you tonight. It's my second submission for the Embellish Magazine Color Challenge Using Squares. I wasn't that happy with my first one, so I made another one! I've never made a Halloween card ever since I started card making. Since the colors were so festively Halloween-ish, I used this perfect opportunity to make my first Halloween card.


The challenge was to use squares. I cut out 1.25 x 1.25 squares and embossed them using my ProvoCraft embossing folder. I loved that square pattern so much, it reminded me of cobwebs. I also used a new stamp set that I had just purchased. It's Trick or Treat from Inkadinkado. I just love all the cute characters on it!!! Aren't they just adorable? I stamped one on top of the other to make it just a little bit more whimsical. Then I used my water pen to color in the images. I also inked the edges with Antique Linen distress ink to add more depth to the image. 


I really had fun making this card. I guess that means I'll be trying my hand at more Halloween cards! Here's Embellish Magazine's Color Challenge Using Squares, and here's my card. Thanks for stopping by!









Supplies:
Cardstock - kraft, vintage cream (PTI), purple, green (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper - Thrift Shop (October Afternoon)
Stamps - dog, cat, sentiment (Inkadinkado)
Inks - black (Memories), brown, red (Color Box), Distress Ink (Ranger)
Others - dies (Spellbinders), embossing folder (ProvoCraft)

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! I just love how you incorporated the colors and the squares! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love those green squares1

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, I love the embossed squares! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails