Sunday, August 29, 2010

SFYTT

Hi everyone! It's Sunday again, the weekend is almost over. But before the weekend is up, there's a little room for another challenge. I{heart}2stamp has a sketch challenge for this week. It involves a lot of circles. I just bought these doilies from Walmart, found them by accident on the sale racks. I've been seeing a lot of people use them in their cards and I wanted to try it out on mine. Unfortunately, I only found silver ones. But it looks like it made it in the card anyway, with good end results. I also enjoyed seeing a lot of vintage looking buttons on cards. And I found some at Walmart as well. I'm telling you, if you just look patiently you can find wonderful little things in Walmart. Haha! I broke out my tin of flowers as well. I haven't used it in a while. But for the life of me I can't remember what brand they are. I think maybe Prima.


If you'll notice I used an edge punch on my oceans tide cardstock. I had to use Fiskars because my EK Success couldn't punch through the heavy cardstock from PTI. I was really disappointed with my EK Success for this. It's a good thing the Fiskars edge punch had no trouble with it what-so-ever.


I was trying my hand at a vintage card in my last post. I wanted to try my hand at it one more time with this sketch. I hope I did it justice. Here is the sketch and my card. I hope you all have a wonderful week to come. Thanks for stopping by!







Supplies:
Cardstock - kraft, ocean tides (PTI), green (Paper Company)
Patterned Paper - Thrift Shop (October Afternoon), Ever After (Cosmo Cricket), Ancestral Bird Brocade (TPC Studio)
Stamps - Damask Designs, Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Others - flowers (Prima - not sure), doily, button (Walmart), oval punch, edge punch (Fiskars)

1 comment:

  1. I love that vintage button and the way the silver complements the silver doily! I also like how you stamped the damask border over the patterned paper. It's funny that you mentioned the border punches, because I have the opposite problem! My EK Success punches work perfectly every time, but the Fiskars punches usually leave a ragged edge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails