Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Shabby Tea Room: Week 29 - Pearls and Pastels

Hi peeps! I found a wonderful website for shabby chic card challenges! It's called the Shabby Tea Room. I know I haven't perfected the style yet and I'm not consistent with my submissions. But it's worth the shot! :) I just couldn't resist joining this challenge. For their inspiration, they had this picture of a gorgeous bracelet. 




I came up with this card. I wanted to use different shades of pink, aqua and white which made up most of the color palette of the bracelet. I added the kraft and brown just to balance things around. I stamped the background papers. The aqua strip on top was actually white, then I inked it up with some aqua ink and lightly stamped it with some text background.

For the bottom portion, I stamped a flower from my Inkadinkado stamp set around the edges of the white cardstock. Afterwards, I thought there was too much white space. So I stamped some swirls in very very light aqua ink to fill in those spaces. I think it ended up really great!


I handmade this paper flower. I used my Tim Holtz flower die again, this time I changed the way I distressed the petals. It turned out so great! I was so happy with it! I think I'll be making some more of it, this time in different colors! :) The strip in the center was also white, I inked it with Tattered rose distress ink, stamped more background text on it and stamped the dragonfly right in the center. 



Supplies:
Cardstock - kraft, white (PTI)
Stamps - flowers, dragonfly, swirls (Inkadinkado), sentiment, background text (PTI)
Others - ribbon, lace (Offray), rose (handmade)


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Jean! So glad you found us!! The twill tape and paper flower are lovely!! Thanks for sharing your design with us this week in the Tea room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! Love the colors and your stamping is great! Beautiful flower! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails