Tuesday, October 5, 2010

VSWCMD1

Hi friends! I hope your week started well. I recently found out that Verve stamps offers another sketch challenge aside from its usual Mojo Monday. For the world card making day, they have five sketches for you to try. You can join one or all of them. It's up to you. I started with the first sketch, which is this one:



I was going through my older stamps in search of something I hadn't used in quite a while. I found this flower. It's the large flower cling stamp from Hero Arts. I love the "veins" that go through each petal of this flower. It was made for coloring! I took some ink from my liquid chalk ink and used my water pen to color this flower. The green panel in the back I stamped with my Prima Flourish stamp. I added the rich purple leaves in the behind the flower just to add more dimension to the card and since it was pretty clean and simple.


I also adhered a vintage button to the center of the flower. I didn't want that it was so flat. I also added the little tag with the sentiment. The sketch actually had a square panel right where my flower is, but I didn't want to follow it completely. I think the flower fits the card well. :)

Supplies:
Cardstock - vintage cream, chocolate brown, spring moss (PTI)
Stamps - large flower (Hero Arts), flourish (Prima), sentiment (PTI)
Others - ribbon (Wendy), twine (Michael's), tag die (Provo Craft), button (Walmart), leaves (stash), edge punch (EK Success)

2 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous! I love the way you've colored the flower with your water pen, and those are some fabulous purple leaves! Now you're enabling me with sketches, too?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! That big flower just steals the show! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails