Sunday, February 6, 2011

Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 68

Hi bloggies! Before I introduce Act 68 for the Curtain Call Color Challenge, I would like to thank everyone who has left sweet words on my posts lately. Everyone has been so nice and encouraging. I'm really glad I can bring inspiration to all my bloggie friends. Thanks for believing in me! ;) I can't believe I'm a part of these wonderful design teams. And I'm so glad to have gotten to know so many wonderful women here in our little crafty world. :) Sorry I haven't been posting as often as I usually do. I've been a bit busy making my cards for my DT spots and trying to send in some for publication as well. I'll try to post at least one every other day if not one everyday. :)


Now onto our challenge! This week's inspiration is absolutely stunning. I had to make my card over and over again because I wasn't satisfied that I was giving this challenge credit!!! You'll see what I mean...here's Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 68.



Here's my take on the challenge. When I saw this color combination, I couldn't stop myself from picking out Love Lives Here by Papertrey Ink. I made the central panel first. When I was happy with what I had made, I couldn't decide what the main background would be. It took me 2 cards before I finally came up with this one. I had to run the butterfly die so many times through my Cuttlebug...I think he's so tired the poor thing is probably asleep right now. Haha! I concentrated on the white and soft pink, and added just a pop of green and bright pink. I hope you like this one...it was such a struggle!!! :) Thanks for stopping by! 



oooh...ps. we have a very, very, very talented lady as our guest designer this month!!! Yay!!! :)
Welcome Laurie!!!!




The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:


Christina MacLaren at Seaglass & Sentiments
Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life





and February Guest Designer, Laurie Willison.

14 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, a very special card for a special day! Those butterflies are just dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh; so elegant and chic. This is a handmade jewel; wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just picking my jaw up off the ground...........WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!! this is magnificent Jean, the butterflies make such an impact!!! you are truely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jean! :) Your card is amazing! Those butterflies are so pretty! I love the vintagey feel of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Jean, what a beauty!! Soft yet bold, with so much dimension. I love the pop of bright color on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun all your butterflies are. I like the die cut circle frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card Jean! As ever!
    I love seeing you pop into my google reader to get another inspiration hit ;) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card Jean. Love those butterflies and the house. That set is on my next order! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is FANTASTIC!! Your "struggle" was well worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful card Jean!! I love the 3D details...wonderful take on those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy smokes GF...this is WOW! What a cool design Jean...you are on a roll! Love all the butterflies! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails