Monday, February 28, 2011

Embellish Magazine: Color Trends Challenge with Birds

Hi bloggers! I was supposed to post this last night but didn't have the time to. It's been such a gloomy day today. I think it's one of the things I don't like about New York. There are a lot of "gray" days. Hopefully tomorrow will be nice and sunny. Have any of you ever watched Super Size Me?! I was watching the documentary last night, and I must say, I don't want to eat McDonald's for a while. This guy who absolutely healthy, ate McDonald's for 1 month to see what it would do to him. He gained sooo much weight in a month's time and his blood tests were so bad that he had managed to damage his liver just by eating all that fast good. WOW. It was scary to watch. I was afraid he was going to develop a heart condition or something! 


Anyway, for Embellish Magazine's Color Trends Challenge with Birds, they have dark earthy colors with blue gray in it. I thought it was beautiful. 



Here's my card. I tried to stay as close to the colors as possible. I used some Waltzingmouse Stamps, Papertrey Ink, and WPlus9 Stamps for this one. I like how it turned out. 

I also got my Cards Magazine (March) today. It's such a wonderful issue! You have to grab one! A lot of our online friends are starting to have their cards published. It makes me smile every time I see a familiar name there. I saw Cristina, Maureen, Lindsay, Lea, Belinda, and soooo many more!!! I was oooh-ing and ahhhh-ing at almost every page! I have to try to send more of my stuff there too! :)



Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back later. I'll try to join another challenge! :) See ya!






5 comments:

  1. You did such a beautiful job with this challenge, and those WPlus9 stamps! I still have the Woodgrain Additions on my wish list. I love the way you tucked the branches behind the main panel. So many pretty details on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful, great job. I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love your card Jean! You rock this colour challenge ;)
    I'll try and have a go at this one myself this week I think - it'll be my first challenge entry as I'm only just entering into the blogosphere myself. Here's my link: http://justsomestuffimade.wordpress.com/
    Thanks for your inspiration! Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh this is beautiful!! Just perfect details. And your photograph quality is awesome. Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! All those details make your card fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails