Saturday, February 12, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 34

Hi bloggies! I've just finished Dan Brown's Lost Symbol and I must say it was a wonderful read. I now find myself without a book in hand. I was planning on getting a Nook Color tomorrow, any thoughts on it? I've been looking at reviews and so far I've seen good ones. I finally convinced myself to get one so that I wouldn't have to keep running to the bookstore to get my hands on a book I want to read. I also like the fact that I wouldn't have a pile of books that I've already read just catching dust. If you know of any good reads, drop me a note please! :) It would be very much appreciated! 


Onto our challenge? I could hardly believe I was posting my first Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge as a Mischief Maker last weekend. And now it's my second posting! Time really flies when you're having fun. I've been really lucky this year! :) Well, I don't want to keep you from all the fun...here's this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 34



Isn't this sketch so versatile?! I'm absolutely sure you'll have so much fun with it. Here's what I came up with. I used Very Vintage Labels No. 10 to make my beautiful frame. I inked a Martha Stewart doily and placed it underneath for a little dainty frill. The sentiment and frame around it are from Fancy Phrases which I find myself pulling out quite often since I got it in the mail. Since the sketch showed a one layered card, I chose to stamp a background instead. It's made from a flourish stamp, also in Very Vintage Labels No. 10. I just love making my own backgrounds. The possibilities are endless, I guess the only limit would be your imagination. :) 



I hope you like my card for this week's challenge. Don't forget to check out the other Mischief Makers! Come and join us! 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love that beautiful flower and little piece of lace, so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty! Love the flourish stamp and the lace trim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bg stamping and the wonderful layered die cuts Jean! and the flower makes a wonderful splash of color!

    I just started reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and I'm liking it - a friend at work lent it to me and she got it from another friend - and they both enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jean, this is another gorgeous breathtaking design! What a great interpretation of the sketch! You do vintage so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background you stamped - such a great idea with that small flourish stamp! Great job with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Jean! Love the layered label, pretty flower and beautiful stamped BG :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll keep it short :)....I am hopelessly in love with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails