Saturday, October 8, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 68

Did you see the sneak peek at Claire's blog today?! Gorgeous detailing!!! I'm so excited to see the release on October 15th. Which is perfect since it's also my birthday, and I have the excuse of buying myself something this year! hehe. :)




I'm also giving you, my dear friends, a heads up, I'm going back to the Philippines for another vacation. This time it's really going to be a vacation, since I won't be spending it at the hospital. My mom is doing better and she wants to see me and Ren. We're leaving on October 21st. It's going to be a loong vacation, a month probably. But I'm trying to get my DT card assignments ready so I won't miss much. And you'll still see me here even if I'm half way across the world. :)


We have a new sketch for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 68. It's a very whimsical sketch which also leaves a lot of options open for everyone. I hope to see more people playing this week! Here's the sketch...

And here's my card. I don't know why, but when I saw this sketch I immediately wanted to use my Bitty Banners stamp set. I used a piece of canvas and stamped it straight on. You can get them cheap at Michael's in 12x12 size. I also wanted to combine it with Back in the Saddle. Isn't it such a great sentiment set though?! I was thinking of a Cowgirl Birthday Party when I was making this card. I hope it looks like it hee! :)


I combined Cameo Creations and Cameo to Go for my little embellishment. Stamped them on a die cut oval and added the scalloped oval for more contrast. I wish I had those little wooden laundry pins. I should look for them. It would have been perfect to add them to my card. 


That's it for me! Come over and join in all the inky fun over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! See you there! :)



7 comments:

  1. Jean, this is so, so pretty. I love the way you stamped those cute little banners onto the canvas - great texture. Clever use of all the stamp sets together too! The flowers and ribbon you added to the top are wonderful - love how you kept the ribbon tails long.
    Enjoy your holiday-how great to get a whole month off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamping on the cloth Jean, such a dressed up cowgirl them! the purple flower adds a great punch! Have a great time away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love the stamping on fabric! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! This is so feminine and pretty - I do like the softly colour bunting. And the cameo is just so pretty! Lovely texture too. It's fab!

    I do hope you have a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awesome, I adore the canvas, I have been hunting all over for it and cannot find it..this is sweeet!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went back and reread your post...I was skimming the first time...teehehehe...canvas at Michaels, I will have to look for it, I was just there yesterday....sigh....lol...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and vintage! I love your colors too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails