Monday, December 5, 2011

The Craft's Meow December 2011 Release Day 3

Hi ya! I'm back again! This is my second post for the day, my WPlus9 group post is just down below. So just scroll down! 

Welcome back to Day 3 of The Craft's Meow December 2011 Release! We're going ahead with a Valentine themed stamp set today called All You Need Is Love by Kaitlyn Ord.  


Since this is mostly a sentiment stamp set, I wanted to used it not only as a sentiment. I picked one from the many, and I made it into a background. I remembered watching and loving Betsy Veldman's video on making backgrounds using stamps you normally wouldn't use as such. I applied it on my card today. I took the "you're my favorite" sentiment stamp and stamped it with varying amounts of distress ink. This is what I came up with. 


The I added some patterned paper over my background panel and sewed it onto a kraft card base. I added a ribbon, a metal frame and a scalloped circle to embellish the card. I also stamped a heart image on a circle vintage cream card stock and them stamped over it with a sentiment. Oh, I almost forgot...I also used the postage images from Telegram on top and on the bottom of the background panel. 


See you again tomorrow for some more previews!!! Thanks for stopping by. Make sure to pass by the TCM girls' blogs to see what they came up with! 

5 comments:

  1. Great Card!! Love your stamped background, and the paper and the great embellies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so pretty! Love the sentiment against that pretty metal frame embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, love your background paper as well as the frame you have on there. Such a great way to do a card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...sooo pretty...love how you added that frame!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails