Saturday, June 9, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 101

Hello friends! I know I just recently posted my WMSC 100, but I'm back again with Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 101.  I am so happy that a lot crafty peeps joined in on our 100th sketch challenge! I can't wait to see who gets the guest designer spot for a whole month! It's going to be exciting!!!

We have a new batch of sketches for this month. This time it's from our very talented Edna! And here it is...


So I didn't follow the sketch to the dot....AGAIN...lol. But it's very close though! I broke the background into two portions. The upper part I stamped with Gingham & Co. and the lower portion is patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. Then I stamped Text It on a smaller panel, rounded the corners, distressed the edges with ink and sprayed a little glitter mist on it and tied a ribbon around it before adhering it to the main card.


I wanted to keep the colors down to these two...so I made a flower using some patterned papers and extra strips of canvas. I die cut them, then moistened them with water and crumpled each piece. Then I rolled them out and left them to dry. When they were dry, I glued them one over the other.


I also die cut this circle and the scalloped circle to place in the center. Then I stamped my sentiment on some ocean tides cardstock and cut out this banner. The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases and Join Us.


That's all I have for today. Please make sure to hop on over to the other Mischief Makers to see what they have for you this week. Thanks for stopping by! And enjoy your weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful as ALLWAYS Jean :) I love colours and the flower is..mmmmm amazing :)-Aneta-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking you must be settled in and stamping!!! Love this card...the gingham, text, the colors, the canvas....wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors , and the large sentiment. Gorgeous cloth flower!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails