Saturday, November 10, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 123


Hello there! I'm back with another card for this week. I've been busy trying to catch up with everything that I've missed these past two weeks. There's a lot of paper work to do and I'm not looking forward to it. It's nice to have little breaks in between whenever I make cards for my DT assignments. 

This one is for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 123. I have been waiting for my WMS orders to arrive in the mail. I guess Sandy pushed back their delivery for a few more days. Hopefully I'll have them in time for the next challenge. I can't wait! :) Here we go...


I hope my photo looks ok. For some reason my card photos don't look the same from before I left for vacation. I can't remember, for the life of me, if I changed any of the settings on my camera! It's so frustrating. So please bear with me until I figure this out.

This week's sketch is from Lenet. Wonderful chance for a layered card for me! :) 

As you know, before I left I was trying to make as many Christmas cards as I could. So here's another one for my growing set. 


I started off by making my ginger bread cookie jar from Candy Jar Christmas Fillers. Then I had this idea to make a felt layer where I could adhere my cookie jar. I cut out a small piece of white cardstock and sewed a piece of felt on top of it.


I couldn't decide how to put my sentiment on the card so I stamped it directly on the felt piece. It's from Santa's Coming to Town. Then I added a little more by stamping Merry Christmas on a strip of cream cardstock and adhering it on the inside panel of the card. It's from 2011 Holiday Ornaments. I made the front portion shorter so that the sentiment would be visible.


Well, that's all I have for today. I'll be back in a few days with more. Hopefully my mojo comes back soon! (It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with this sketch!) I hope to see you over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! Thanks for stopping by today! :)



4 comments:

  1. Jean LOVE your yummy card. That felt is just fabulous that you stamped on and I love all your layers which you do so well. I have missed seeing all your creations too--welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gingerbread men..ahem...girls in the jar...sentiment on felt....fabulous! Glad you still have electricity and you"re not in the long lines fighting over gas...ok maybe you are...hope things are working out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stamped felt and the sweet filled candy jar! The bit of gingham looks great on the jar. Sweet little gingerbread men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas card, jean! Love the stamped felt and the cute gingerbread men! Lovely work! Have a great weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails