Saturday, December 15, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 128



Hiya! It's me again! I hope you're not tired of seeing Christmas cards yet! Because I have one more for you! This one is for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 128. This one is from Kim Duran. It's wonderfully layered. Just how I like it. I don't know why. But I just love adding on to my cards. I always have to try to stop myself. lol. :)

WMSC128.jpg

This sketch will be a two-week long challenge. We know how busy everyone gets during this time of the month. And so to give everyone plenty of time to join, we're extending the challenge to two weeks. 

For my card, I made a Western themed Christmas card. I'm sure you won't see a lot of those! But I just LOVE Claire's Western themed stamp sets. Aren't they brilliant?! :)

 Ok. So you know I'm recently in love with woodgrain embossing. I can't help myself! I found this Tim Holtz embossing folder yesterday when I was over at my local Michael's. Of course I had to use it. It's perfect for my Western themed card. 

 I haven't used this cute Sheriff stamp since I got it. I grabbed the chance to use it for this one. Too many stamps too little time!!!! lol! I heat embossed it with this dark gold embossing powder and hand cut it after.  Then I stamped a sentiment from Yonder Star on a piece of vellum and cut that too. 

 I stamped two strips of oatmeal cardstock (WPlus9) with this stars banner from Way Out West. I inked them and adhered them over my embossed oatmeal cardstock background. I love this subtle almost completely neutral card. I added the ribbon, baker's twine and bells to soften the look a bit. :)



I have just the little cowgirl in mind that I wanted to give this card to. :) So please join us  over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, for some fun before the holiday breaks loose! lol! Thanks for stopping by today! :)

I'm still waiting for nice lighting to take pictures of our Christmas tree. Lately it's been so gloomy that all the pictures I've taken with it have not been good. I was thinking of getting a separate flash for my camera. But I have no idea what to get. :( Any suggestions? My camera is a Canon Eos Rebel T3i. Thanks again! 


5 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch. The soft neutrals, the western theme and the texture - just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean you and your fabulous-ness. This card is really stunning and also so much fun. That star just rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you turned this sideways and stamped all those cute stars! They look great with that badge too Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and the woodgrain...well. you use it fabulously!! Love the star strips and the sentiment/label is wonderful. along with the bow/twine!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails