Sunday, June 30, 2013

Waltzingmouse Stamps July Release Blog Waltz


Hi there! Welcome to the Waltzingmouse Stamps July Release Blog Waltz! Did you just come from Jen's blog? If you did, you're right where you should be! If not, head on over to the Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog and start at the beginning! 

I made two sets for the Blog Waltz today, so grab a drink and let's go through them together! My first set is made with the Fine Feathers stamp set. It's my favorite one this in this release. I really enjoyed using it. 

This was my inspiration for my first project.


I stamped four different feather images. Three onto cream cardstock, which I fussy cut. It is absolutely worth the effort of fussy cutting! I used HA Soft Pool, Fresh Peach, Cup O' Joe, Soft Sand and Soft Granite.


I have been seeing feathers used for gift packaging over at Pinterest and I wanted to make my own. This set is absolutely perfect for it!!!


Now onto my  next set. Like I said on Day 1 of the WMS July Release, I found out that there are Russian Doll themed parties. I thought they were absolutely adorable! So I made a little after party Thank You set using You're a Doll.

 Here's a Thank You card for the set.

 And here's a gift baggie. I made this gift bag myself using drawing paper from Ikea. You know those rolls of drawing paper for kids? They're perfect for making gift baggies that you want to decorate yourself! I did this for Christmas last year and people asked me where I bought them! I said I made them myself and they were startled because they thought that it was store bought! :)


Well, that's it for me! If you're all done here, you can head on over to Karin's blog for more inspiration. Don't forget to leave a comment on every blog you hop onto. Claire is picking out a random winner to win a stamp set of your choice! You have until July 2nd at 11:59 PM (GMT), 5:5 9AM Central (July 3), 3:59 AM Pacific and 6:59 AM Eastern to leave comments. Good luck! And thanks for stopping by today!

49 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I'm so in love with these stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, your feather cards and wrappings are AMAZING! So glad I've just ordered that set :)


    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work, you are really rocking those feathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are gorgeous Jean! Fine Feathers is my favourite set too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean, where on earth do I begin. Incredible projects, beautifully styled. Just blown clean away. hugs to you missy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning collection and that packaging is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really captured the image perfectly with your feather card. And the dolls are toooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Jean, These are absolutely Amazing! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards with feathers and dolls Jean! I LOVE the die cut branch sticking out of the feathers - who wouldn't want to receive THAT package!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply Stunning cards. Love love the feathers the layering and all the Ideas you have given is amazing. love all the colors and the details. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your feather cards are beautiful!.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your feathers look so real! Such a nice job on your card projects. Now I must have this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  13. PURE magic is what you do with those FINE FEATHERS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are amazing projects! You have made me put the feather set on my order! I love your package decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those feather images and what you've done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great projects. Can't decided which I like best, feathers or dolls. Love both.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic! I love the dolls, but the feathers projects totally blew me away. They are rustic, and modern at the same time. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jean, you've made magic with these sets! Your use of the feathers has put them firmly on my wishlist. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful colours. Love the combo with the feathers and the branch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful and creative use of the feathers! Thank you for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful idea for a package decoration. Your feather card is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, more incredible projects! All candy for the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Iam in love with your feather projects!! They are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. OM goodness. Oh My Goodness. What are you doing to me. I love packaging and matching cards. I am going to be pinning all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Jean! You have to try making these too! :)

      Delete
  25. I beat Renee to it......I DIE!!! Wow....everything is fabulous....the feathers blew me away (too!) and then, the border on the bag with those dolls-how do you think up these things!!!!! Did you do the little branch by hand?? Perfect with the feathers??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Vickie! The border on the bag is from My Kind of Guy. The little branch is a die from Simon Says Stamp. Gosh, I'm so sorry. I just realized I didn't put these things down! Don't you just love those feathers?! I'm totally in love with them! :)

      Delete
  26. I like both sets you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, those feathers are exquisite!!! Love the little branch along with them. Look great as pkg trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You nailed that inspiration photo. Didn't think I needed Fine Feathers, now I'm not so sure....

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your projects are fantastic! The feathers are so amazing. That set is my favorite from this release.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love how you decorated the package with these feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are cards and projects are all so beautiful. Yours are my favourite cards from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I don't know how many times I can say this, but wow! Feathers are really your "thing" Jean...you design with them so well and your photography is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  33. ok..... I am in love!!!!!! Both cards are so pretty and all of your projects are amazing. I am really stuck on the feathers. I am so big on Native American Indian anything.... I dad is over 75% and it is apart of me that I adore. Every time I see it I am almost in a trance by its beauty. You really ROCKED this out. I am so inspired and really want this stamp set now. By the way. The stick shape with those feathers. That is the really important key. It is the topping on the cake. I am pinning and so borrowing your idea's.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The colors in your feather card are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Waw, my jaw dropped ;) Your feather card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I SOOO love your feather card: You make me glad I ordered it! I'm going to CASE it: hope you don't mind! :-) thanks for all the great wonderful card samples you made for us to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I adore your feather card!! It's darling. I'm dying to know where the branch is from and where I can go about getting one??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Simon Says Stamp exclusive die Danielle. You can get it there. They have several variations to choose from! :)

      Delete
  38. I totally ordered the Fancy Feathers set because of your card, Jean, and these are fabulous, too! I can't wait to get my set!

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMGoodness! I AM SO SORRY! Ladies! The branch die is from Memory Box - Woodland Branch and I got it from Simon Says Stamp. It's not an SSS exclusive die! So sorry for the mix up!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Saw the feather projects on Pinterest. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails