Monday, October 21, 2013

My first try at party decorating.

Hi there! I wanted to share a few shots of the little party we had last weekend. I was so busy getting stuff ready and entertaining people that I forgot to take more pictures. Hopefully, this is enough. :)

I don't know if you can see them, but by the window I made a garland. I die cut circles from gold and aqua tissue paper wrapping and sewed them together. It's pretty easy to make. And it looks great as a backdrop for any party!










I only have a view of the appetizer and dessert table. The main dishes were on a bigger counter but didn't have a lot of decorations on it. I just wanted to show you the pieces that I made.

The party was actually a birthday celebration for three! For hubby, me and a friend of ours who are all October celebrants. We just decided to celebrate it all together. :) So I made a little Happy Birthday piece that I stamped and framed with a $1 Ikea frame.

 I also made little buffet cards for the food. I stamped the bigger circles in aqua and then gold embossed the smaller circles. I placed the cake on some of my photo props. lol. So glad I had them for this party. :)


There you go! Hopefully there will be more parties for me to decorate! :) I would love to do some baby showers! Or first birthdays! I'll be back with another post for today. Thanks for stopping by I'll see you again soon.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks great, Jean! I've looked at those frames in IKEA, but haven't bought one.... I'll have to get some the next time I go..... what a great way to use them! I love your garland, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! I LOVE those garlands! You're a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! I love that color scheme, and yay for using photo props for your party :) i'm working on some ice cream party decor today...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celebrating in style! Love your colour combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job on your first attempt at party decorating Jean! Love your colour scheme and fun frame and buffet cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely brilliant, I don't think I could ever do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful Jean...just like in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! sleek decor, but very fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails